Friday, April 2, 2010

FEAR

Some coin fear by saying its "False Evidence Appearing Real".   Maybe it's really just a fact in your life.  You have a scary diagnosis, you're facing financial ruin or you're afraid you're going to lose something or someone.   Fear comes to the door to most of us.  Sometimes, when we let it in, it sets up it's home and stays awhile.  Then we begin to "live" with it.   The only way we can combat fear is through the LORD, and His promises to us in His Word.  

Fear can paralyze you, traumatize you, keep you from ever getting out and doing anything for the LORD, for yourself, for others.   Fear can keep you in prison, like a captive chained to a post.

We are all growing in the LORD, right?  A fear cropped it's ugly head again, and then I realized that ok, I can either live with this ugly thing, or I have to deal with it once and for all..   (Take the bull by the horns).

Jeremiah 23:29  "Is not my WORD like fire, says the LORD?  And like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces."

Maybe fear is like a big rock or boulder in your life, it's so huge, you can't move it at all.  But God's Word can break it into pieces.  Fear is really based on a root thought or thoughts.   So to dismantle fear in your life, you have to replace the thoughts that give you fear with God's WORD, full of promises and deliverance and hope and victory!  Maybe the situation won't change in  your life right now, but God, and His WORD can give you the strength and wisdom to go through it.

So, today here is the scripture that I've camped on to, to get me to blow up this stronghold of fear in my own life...

Jeremiah 29:11  "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

No comments: